Monday 10 June 2013

Now We’re In Newwwwwww Yooooooork

      After our roommates attempted to wake up Steph and I up 3 separate times ( :0 ) , we finally jolted out of bed with 10 minutes to throw our crap into our luggage and meet in the lobby. Not even able to see straight we attempted to clean up the mess of the night before and I ended up leaving my boyfriends parents international adapter in the hotel along with (I’m sure) many other small items… My head was not on straight this morning.

      Feeling better then I wasn't the only one exhausted I took a picture of Ian napping on the ground at the airport in his onezy.

      Boarding the plane and gaining a little more consciousness I took my seat by the window and was able to watch the plane take off and snap some pictures. It was pretty emotional leaving this place, I absolutely fell in love with London. I could see myself living here for at least a few years of my life and only after 7 days I realized this. I honestly shed a few tears as we took flight to NYC.

      Thankfully I was able to find sleep on the plane and took advantage of these 8 hours. 


 

View from the airplane (take-off) and Ian sleeping in the airport.


       When we landed we took shuttle vans to the POD hotel. It was cute, and hey bunk beds! Felt like camp with Steph as my roomie. There was also no bathrooms attached to the rooms, but 4 shared bathrooms on each floor that played music. Above each door in the bedrooms lights showed which bathrooms were available.

      Steph and I were both still exhausted but didn't want to waste a night. We found a pizza place because after all NY is famous for that. It was really good pizza but I think after airplane food anything would have been amazing.  We then found our way to time square taking about 20 minutes to walk there. It was nightfall and it was a beautiful place to see lights and action. People were dressed up in costumes like Disney characters and superheros. There was so much going on on the streets, artists, sketchers, venders, and tourists. One man who was spray painting the skyline on NY captured my attention it took him about 10 - 15 minutes to complete the skyline with the statue of Liberty and he would sell them for 20 dollars. Amazing talent. 

      Steph and I saw the Hard Rock and decided since we had been to Toronto's Hard Rock and saw the original Hard Rock in London we should visit this one. Upstairs was a gift shop and below was basically a hall of fame along with a restaurant/bar. People were lined up waiting to get seats, but the bar was open so we went in and ordered a drink. The cup I had said Hard Rock NY Time Square on it so I bought it for my mom. She used to work in downtown Toronto and would hang out at the Hard Rock before and after her shifts - I thought it would be perfect for her. 

 

All is one? Picture of Elvis, Budda and Jesus Christ at the Hard Rock. The cup I brought home for my mom <3 


       We left after this and headed back for the hotel. It was muggy and warm, and started to rain a bit. Thankfully we got to the POD before the worst of it hit. We crashed, and slept like babies this first night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment