Monday 10 June 2013

Just touched down in London town!

     Survived my first ever flight, and the hotel is in a perfect location. The Best Western Phoenix, London England. 
After leaving the airport I was blown away by the amazing architecture. The buildings were heightened with pillars and not remotely close to Toronto architecture. I felt as though I was walking through an olden times theatre set of traditional London, England. 
It was everything I wanted it to be....the culture, the British accents and the traditional pubs made the welcoming experience almost surreal.
As we drove on the highway leaving the airport the signs caught my eye; mainly due to the fact that they were not in Helvetica text!  

Taking a brief walking tour with Kimberly, I was able to catch a glimpse of the night-life streets of London.
After wandering on my own path with my best friend Steph. 
We met a French guy, who showed us a quaint German pub and we were able to grab a quick drink and talk to him, as well as his friend (neither of which weren't Londoners at all!).
We saw a McDonalds, Burger King, and stopped at a Subway for a bite to eat before we headed back to the hotel at  1 am.
    
I know, I have embarked upon this journey to clarify my career goals and hope that when I return to Toronto I have a firm grasp on where I’d like to take my media studies degree. 

PR has been my main focus of interest, but as of late I have been more intrigued with advertising, marketing, and design. 
I am extremely hopeful for the 'Mediacom' day we have planned, and to talk and explore that specific company. 
With the aid of my knowledge, understanding and future of the media sphere, this company piques my interest, immensely.



We are fairly tired from the SEVEN hour flight and eager to get some well-deserved rest before the spectacular tour of the Warner Brothers studio. Harry Potter – Here I come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment